Print Page Email This Page

Cemetery Division/Park Maintenance

Albany Cemetery.  Photo provided by the Albany Recreation and Parks Department.Riverside and Oakview Cemeteries accommodate approximately 200 burials each year.  After every grave is complete, a courtesy call is given to all vault companies to let them know the grave is ready for burial setup.  Upon the completion of a burial, we check with the funeral director to assure everything was performed according to their and the family’s expectations.   

Before any grave is opened, the staff evaluates the area for direction of the equipment, monuments in the area, water lines, vicinity grooming, and time needed to open the grave.  To allow time for any unexpected situations, 98% of the graves are opened the day before the burial; the other 2% are burials scheduled by the funeral home establishment the day of service.   

When the staff is not preparing for burials, grooming throughout the 105 acres is handled.  This is done a cyclical basis to assure equal ground care to all families.  The Cemetery Division performs a variety of fMonuments for the unidentified disinterred graves of the 1994 flood were completed in 2004.  Photo provided by the Albany Recreation and Parks Department.unctions including record management such as lot sales, grave excavation, burial arrangement, landscaping, genealogy research, and other duties necessary for an active cemetery.   

Monuments for the unidentified disinterred graves of the 1994 flood were completed in 2004.  Gravestones with numbered headstones stand as an ever-present reminder of the destruction of the 500-year flood which changed Albany forever.   Albany Cemetary.  Photo provided by the Albany Recreation and Parks Department.

 

 

Albany Recreation and Parks Department
Cemetery Division
200 Cotton Ave. Location
430-5186