Summer Programs 2017
(The Summer 2018 Schedule will be available in spring 2018)
Carver Pool: Open May 30 - July 29, 2017
Open swim days/times: Pool is open Tuesday - Saturday
- Session 1: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Session 2: 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm
- Session 3: 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Fees: Youth (ages 3-12) - 25 cents per session; Adults (ages 13+) - 50 cents per session.
Classes: Water workout, swim lessons for children
Location: 1021 S. McKinley, 430-5244
2017 Carver Pool flyer
Summer Playgrounds Program
Offered from June 5 - July 14 (closed July 4), Monday - Friday from 9 am - 1 pm at the following sites:
- Gordon Sports Complex Playground(800 Willie Pitts Road)
- C.W. Heath Park (1000 Maple Avenue)
Children ages 7-17 are eligible to participate. Free lunch offered for ages 18 and under through the Seamless Summer Option. For further information, contact Christopher Campbell at 430-5222.
Summer Playgrounds flyer
Fit 2 Be Me! Healthy Lifestyle Camp
This fun, healthy fitness camp for youth ages 7-16 is offered at Carver Community Center (1023 S. McKinley). Activities include arts & crafts, indoor & outdoor sports, table games, talent contests, community gardening, and much more! For further information, contact Linda Harris at 430-5243.
Fit 2 Be Me! flyer
Fishing Rodeos are held at Ken Garden Pond (1509 Ken Gardens Road). Georgia fishing license required for ages 16 and up. Kids must have adult supervision.
2017 Fishing Rodeos flyer
Hook a Kid on Golf
Flint River Municipal Golf Course - 2000 McAdams Road, 430-5267
Ages 6 - 11; fee of $35 per child
Offered July 10 - 13, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
For further information, contact Kimberly Patterson at KPatterson@albany.ga.us
Seamless Summer Option: Feeding Georgia's Kids Summer Meals
Free lunches for children 18 and under are available June 5—July 14, Monday - Friday at the following locations:
- Bill Miller Community Center—312 Vick St.
- Carver Community Center—1023 S. McKinley
- Carver Gym—410 Mercer Ave.
- C. W. Heath Park Playground —1000 Maple Ave.
- Gordon Sports Complex Playground —800 Willie Pitts Road
- Henderson Community Center—701 Willard Ave.
- Lockett Station Community Center—324 Lockett Station Road
This program is for children ages 18 and under. Children 6 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during meals. Sponsored by the Dougherty County School System, Georgia School Nutrition Program, and the Georgia Department of Education. For further information, contact Christopher Campbell at 430-5222.
Summer Program at Centers & Gyms
Activities include: various sports, table games, indoor/outdoor games, Dougherty County Public Library's Reading Program, kids' exercise & fitness, guest speakers, and much more! For further information, contact Ruby Byrd at 430-5222. The program runs from June 5 - July 14, 2017.
- Ages 7–14 from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Ages 15-17 from 2:30 pm—5:30 pm
- Bill Miller Community Center
- Carver Gym
- Henderson Community Center
- Lockett Station Community Center.